Puppy Adoption Policies
- We do not adopt puppies to strangers...
Contact Us and tell us about:
Where you live?
House or Apartment?
Why you chose a Chihuahua (instead of another breed)?
- Despite the following list of "rules", we are very easy going. If
we're selling you a puppy, it's because we genuinely like you and feel that
you will be a responsible pet owner.
- As people that have purchased Chihuahuas ourselves, we believe that if
humanly possible, you should visit the breeder, see the parents and look at
your puppy in person before putting down a deposit. We understand that this
may not always be possible and we will take extra photographs and thoroughly
discuss your concerns if an early visit is not practical.
- We do not "hold" puppies without a deposit... regardless of having an appointment
to see a specific puppy.
- We DO "jump through hoops" to make sure that, if you have an
appointment, the puppy you're interested in will be available. The
VERY RARE exception to this is an earlier appointment "picked a different
- We DON'T start taking deposits until the puppies are TWO WEEKS OLD.
- There is NO WAITING LIST. We review the current emails and contact
those individuals that are still interested and seem qualified.
- Deposits are normally 1/2 of total amount.
- Deposits are nonrefundable. Two exceptions: (1)We choose not to sell the
puppy based on our discretion. (2)Puppy health.
- Puppies can normally go home after 8 weeks. By this time, your
puppy will be completely weaned, eating whole dry puppy food on its own, and
very "sturdy". If your puppy is traveling (by plane or very
long car ride), we may
hold your puppy longer. We make the final decision about leaving at
about 7 weeks... so it's not necessary to ask today.
- We ARE NOT A PET STORE. We don't sell puppies to "just anyone".
You should consider it a privilege to own one of our puppies... we do!
- All of our puppies are "Litter Trained". You may continue to use
Litter, but your puppy should easily adapt to PeePads or Outside Training...
or some combination of the three.
- We feed our puppies Nutro Puppy Max. You are not allowed to change
this until your puppy reaches adulthood.
- You will be provided a Nutro Puppy Max sampler when you pick up your
puppy. This will be about enough food for one week.
- All of our Chihuahuas are current on their vaccinations. This
includes the puppy you're getting.
- All of our Chihuahuas are dewormed. This includes the puppies,
which receive three wormings with NEMEX II.
- All puppies are CKC registered unless otherwise stated (some litters are
AKC registerable, some are not).
- We accept most forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express,
Cash, Money Orders. Checks are accepted for deposits, normally not for
final payment. Credit cards are processed via Paypal.
Deposits and Payments